Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Define: "Boogie"

I had a friend send this to me two days ago and I've had it stuck in my head all day. It's catchy, hilarious, and proves that I'm very much a white girl. The conversation with my friend went like this:
"What's a boogie?"
"Aren't they saying beauty... but weird?"
"No, it says in the lyrics right here, 'boogie'. Hold on a second. I'm going to look this up."
"This is just sad."
"Hey! I'm educating myself. Here we go...'to get going'... wait a minute, that's a verb that doesn't make sen- ohhh...."
For those of you who are also embodiments of the Stuff White People Like phenomenon, a boogie, as defined by www.urbandictionary.com is jail slang that's:

"Referring to a person who the inmate, or person, is unaffiliated or unaware of. To call somebody Scram Boogie is pretty much a dis as it indicates that you are an unknown, a nobody, undeserving of props."

And now you know! And knowing is half the battle! GI Joe!

I need to get out more.

No comments: