Sunday, September 5, 2010

No Meeting But...

I thought I had a dance related meeting today (Funny, those Labor Day weekend dance meetings.) so I threw on my backpack, hopped on the bike and headed downtown. The thing about Madison is that it's on a low-isthmus - meaning that the outlying neighborhoods are all up hill. This means that biking into downtown is fine and dandy and requires little to no pedaling whatsoever.

After discovering that I'd mixed up the days for the meeting though, I had to bike back. And what went down must then go up - a plodding, sweaty, agonizing, crotch-maiming up. But pain or not, I was able to stay downtown long enough to take a few photos of the Madison skyline from the eleventh floor of University Square. And for that, the drudge uphill back home was definitely worth it.

2 comments:

Sara said...

At least something good came from the mix-up... love those pictures. :)

City Wiccan said...

yes, lovely pictures :) Too bad . . . I hate when I do stuff like that too, lol