Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I think they're trying to tell me something...

Monday my husband and I returned from the land of John Deeres and "hey der's" back to hippie Madison. This weekend was the Iron County Fair where my husband does the annual pie auction that benefits 4-H (The record this year for the first place raspberry-peach pie was $620!), and we both help run the kiddie pedal tractor pull. And while the fair is always a blast, the highlight of this trip was all the really weird signs we kept finding. If they weren't so random I would guess that the gods were trying to tell me something. In this case, though, I'm going to say that Hermes and Kapua were just having themselves a good time. :)
Photobucket
Found at a park in Bayfield. More photos of the park to come... sans the African lion.
Photobucket
Being next to Lake Superior, this made slightly more sense; however, we preferred that it not.
Photobucket
Can your can litter potty and feed itself? Also, is it just me, or is the seller using his cats' disabilities as a positive selling point?
Photobucket
But he's constantly in a custody battle with SATAN!
Photobucket
If you get this joke, you are a true geek, and I bow to your awesomeness.
Photobucket
In a used book shop in Bayfield, WI.
Photobucket
Photobucket
There are so many bad thoughts that come to mind in this gorilla scenario.
Photobucket
Take me, Uncle Sam!
Photobucket
One of the 4-H kids made a safety house for her school project. Just in case someone's interested in home maintainence and wants to make sure they don't die in the process.
Photobucket
Ooh! Be sure to use electricity near - wait. Oh. NOT. I guess that puts an end to my hair dryer, toaster, teslacoil tub parties.
Photobucket
If the population is really "Me and My friends" then move out the way cuz I'm moving to Silly Earth!
Photobucket
Creating a new print publication. This is obviously still in the ideas being thrown around randomly until something seems awesome stage. Meh. It's further ahead than a lot of other papers.
Photobucket
One or more of you might own a horse, know what this is and know its practical uses.
Photobucket
So please know that the rest of us find it absolutely hilarious.

Photobucket
In our family we call these half-exploded chickens.
Photobucket
The absolute weirdest fair attendee.
Photobucket
This is not my truck. And I still can't figure out what's involved in bringing it "to the max".
Photobucket
I really wanted to see that second scenario played out. Then I thought, "It's kind of warm in this restaurant. 560,023 peeps might be a bad idea."

3 comments:

Ducky said...

Two peeps is my max.

Heh... that started down a really bad thought path...

Speaking of Max...I'm just as lost as you are. This is gonna be stuck in my craw for awhile

Anonymous said...

My daughter came across an odd message as well last week. She reached into the fridge at a gas station to get a Pepsi and discovered a little note that said "Ask Jesus for forgiveness."

I also wanted to let you know that I’ve nominated you for two blog awards! http://www.thedomesticpagan.net/2012/08/iblog-awards.html

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing